If you want to have a perfect smile, cosmetic dentistry can give you one. A smile makeover is a customized procedure that considers factors such as the current condition of your teeth, hair and skin color and facial appearance.
- Teeth Whitening: Natural composite restorations can replace amalgam or silver dental fillings. Teeth that have a dull or stained appearance can be given a brighter look with teeth whitening. The color of your teeth are an important part of evaluating you for any type of procedure, such as dental implants, porcelain veneers, composite bonding, bridges or crowns. Teeth that are discolored or dark give the mouth an older appearance, while white teeth suggest youth. Dr. Muller will choose the best possible shade for teeth whitening and veneers based on your face, hair and skin.
- Balance and Harmony: Teeth that are cracked, chipped or uneven can be given a more attractive appearance with cosmetic bonding. Gummy smiles can transformed with re-contouring.
- Have Fuller Lips, Cheeks and Smile: Dr. Muller can improve or rejuvenate an aging or unshapely face with procedures such as nonsurgical bite correction and orthodontics. He will create a treatment plan that is customized to your needs so you can have the smile makeover that is just right for you. Treatments may include a variety of procedures, such as gummy smile reduction, braces, crowns, veneers, teeth whitening or composite bonding.
- Replace Missing Teeth: Missing teeth will adversely affect your appearance. They also make you more vulnerable to tooth decay and have an impact on your bite. Partial dentures, bridges or dental implants can replace missing teeth.
- Spacing and Alignment: You may have teeth that are overlapping, crooked or that have gaps between them. These can be straightened, corrected with veneers or aligned with orthodontics.
Cosmetic Dentistry and Esthetics
When preparing your smile makeover, Dr. Muller evaluates a variety of factors with you. These include:
- Proportionality: Your smile will have a balanced appearance if your teeth are well proportioned relative to one another.
- Smile Line:This is an invisible line that follows your upper teeth from one side to the other. This should match the shape of your lower lip, giving you an attractive smile. The ideal length of your new teeth can be calculated based on this point of reference.
- Adjusting Tooth Length: People’s teeth often get shorter as they age. Longer teeth gives one a younger appearance. Smile makeovers can reshape and lengthen the front teeth with porcelain veneers or composite bonding. Lengthening the teeth can also help to correct an overly gummy smile. Longer teeth that harmonize with the face can even make your face look slimmer.
Muller Family Dentistry can give you the smile makeover that’s ideal for you and help you with all of your cosmetic dental needs.